Children do not arrive with an instruction manual—as a parent you will need to choose to invest in your role. The Parenting Children Course is a great way to do exactly that.
The Parenting Children course is for any parent with children up to the age of 10. The course, while based on Christian principles, is relevant and helpful for any parent with or without a Christian faith or church background. We hope that over the coming weeks you are able to join us to take time to invest in your family.
With lots of love,
Jemimah McAlpine and Janie Oliver
Why do the Parenting Children Course?
- no role we undertake in life is more important than parenting
- Family life is under great pressure today
- Parents face bewildering choices about how to parent effectively
- Discovering you are not alone in the challenges we face and picking up ideas from other parents can make a huge difference
- Meeting our children’s deepest needs, setting healthy boundaries, developing a family identity and passing on important values
takes skill and dedication. We can all learn how to make even the happiest family better.
The course follows material written by Nicky and Sila Lee, who have worked with families for over 20 years and speak regularly on parenting. They are co-authors of 'The Parenting Book'.
Topics covered include:
- Building strong foundations
- Love in action
- Setting boundaries
- Building character
What can I expect from the course?
Each session begins with cakes (in the morning) or desserts (in the evening) followed by a talk, with opportunities for discussion in small groups.
Five sessions taking place weekly
Evening - beginning Wednesday 25 February 8.00-9.45pm
Morning - beginning Thursday 26 February, 10.15-12.00am
(with crèche provided)
1 St Mildred’s House, Roserton Street, E14 3PG
What people have said about the
Parenting Children course:
'I'm feeling much more positive, more determined to have fun as a parent.'
I feel encouraged and inspired by ideas for family time and have realised the importance of fun and security and of family life itself.'
‘It has given me ways to communicate effectively with my kids.’
‘The course was very informative and helped to build my confidence as a parent.’